The MAD Nasal (Mucosal Atomizer Device) provides a straightforward, practical way to apply topical anesthetics, vasoconstrictors, and other nasal or oral medications.
The MAD is designed to enable targeted delivery of precise drug doses to the nasal and oral mucosa. Its specially designed pump and disposable applicator tip reduces the risk of patient cross-contamination that can occur with conventional atomizers.
The MAD is made without the use of natural rubber latex so it can be used with those who have latex allergies or sensitivities.
- Extremely low maintenance – this unit won’t get clogged, has no parts to clean, and uses disposable tips
- Helps prevent internal contamination risks associated with Venturi atomizers by using a positive displacement pump
- Delivers a consistent spray of fine atomized particles
- Safer, more effective, and more economical than other comparable devices
- Uses disposable tips, which helps prevent cross-contamination and saves time and money by avoiding the need for re-sterilization procedures
- Enables clinicians to have exact control over how much medication is used and in what concentrations, as well as the position and location that it is applied – which helps reduce medication waste
- Uses flexible (and disposable) cannulas that can be used while the patient is in any position, providing ease-of-use and enhancing patient comfort
How to purchase MAD Nasal Device
Surlang Pharmacy offers individually, non sterile , single use MAD devices. Visit us in the store, or call 604-533-1041 and speak to a pharmacist.